Tuesday 23 June 2015

B-day!






Yeah! Today is my birthday. Forty-seven I became. In previous years I could whine about my increasing age (and the fact you it shows more and more), but this year it's very different.

Last week I received the terrible news that the dear wife of a friend is incurable ill. Her terrible disease develops quickly, but she's so brave. It's probably a cliché, but it's my birthday and I'm just glad I became one year older again .

How bad is that aging is actually? Okay, nowadays it all looks not so fresh and fruity as when I was twenty. But honestly, at that time I couldn't estimate its value. Sometimes I look at pictures from that era look and I see the smooth skin, long hair and how pretty I looked then. Now I realize, that at that time I didn't enjoy that youthful beauty. I was just super critical about myself and just saw the things that were not as perfect as I wanted them to be. That could then determine the image about myself (in a negative way). How sad is that, in hindsight ...

Now I'm 47. Sara(h) is waiting, but today I find that totally okay. Fortunately I'm healthy. I found myself feeling comfortable in my (sagging) skin, especially since I can enjoy the beautiful things in my life. I can do the things I like, have the best partner in the world, the dearest friends that can be found and the cutest dogs and cat. Of course there are things that are not perfect, certainly, but perhaps ageing means that you learn to see the value of things and less look at what isn't.

So, dear Sara ... bring it on. I can handle you.


Photo: Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment