Sunday 26 July 2015

Sexy hair & 50

Nederlands  Portugês





On this blog you find regularly beautiful older and younger women with long and/or gray hair.

Here, in the Netherlands, is currently a lot to do about women with short pithy haircuts*. The point is that many (Dutch) women after a certain age all seem to choose for the same hairstyle. They often go to the same hair color too, (henna)red. There are even Facebook-pages* established for this phenomenon: women with short pithy haircuts. Regularly this topic pops up in the media and on blogs*.

The statements in the media are meant to be funny, but that's often not so clear to the women with a short pithy hairstyle. This causes heated discussions on the Internet between the proponents of short snappy hairstyles (easy to maintain, independent, sporty, fresh) and the opponents (sexless, unattractive, unfeminine). Opponents also argue that this type of hairstyle is typical for the Dutch housewife. This Dutch woman would prefer the comfort rather than her appearance. It's even claimed that these women choose for a short pithy hairstyle when they have a man - including children. The attention of other men is no longer needed. The reactions on the internet shows that men tend to find long hair more attractive.

It's interesting to ascertain why these women choose for such a hairstyle. Is it really so easy to maintain? I had a short haircut in high school, in the style that was made fashionable by Lady Di. With my type of hair it was far from easy to maintain. At the hairdresser my hair looked really perfect. But after I washed my hair the first time by myself, I never got it back in the same shape. Instead of cool, it was corny. That's why I feel better when my hair is long. On a bad hair day, I make a top knot. Thàt is easy to maintain.

What I have to mention here is that older people (read: women) always advised me to cut my long hair. Younger people (and children) discouraged to do so.

After the fortieth anniversary, the pressure is even stronger to cut the hair. According to the 'standard' you shouldn't have long hair after your fortieth birthday. You know the drill: "From behind lyceum, from the front museum.". If you are sensitive to such pressure - and almost everyone around you has a short pithy hairstyle - then the hair goes of. The first gray hairs should also be dyed. In what haircolor? Red! Very pithy. Everybody happy. But are you happy too?  

It would be nice if more inspiring 45 +-women would wear their hair long (with or without dyeing) appropriate to their age, personal style, hairtype and personality. Or women with short hair, who have retained their sexiness. As long as the hairstyle and the color fits the woman. I'm looking for women who didn't choose their hairstyle only because it's easy to maintain, because they didn't  knew what else, because everyone has it like that  or because it is the standard. So women who choose for what flatters them and what suits them. Those women would inspire others, like me, too.

Could it be that many hairdressers in the Netherlands also don't know what they should advise to 45+ women? That therefore they recommend the 45+-women a short pithy hairstyle, because it's easy for themselves. Such a short pithy hairstyle must be cut every 6 to 8 weeks, so they are also assured of their income. Fortunately, my hairdresser is a pleasant exception.

Of course there're plenty of women who choose very conscious for a short and pithy hairstyle and who look very beautiful with it. I really know. For women who don't know what to do with their hair after a certain age, like me, I searched for some inspiration. For this, I was not looking for (famous) models that have used so much botox and fillers making them look much younger. For this, I was not looking for (famous) models that have used so much botox and fillers which are making them look much younger. Of course it's okay that they do so,  but that isn't the inspiration I was looking for with this blogpost. I searched for models whose actual age and appearance are in harmony with each other, not for 'older girls'. Pure sexiness!





  









I hope you're also inspired.




*  You probably know that the purple words on Sarah's Secrets Unveiled are linking to other pages on the Internet if you click on it. The hyperlinks with * refer to Dutch sites. I hope that the pictures on these sites still can be explanatory.

No comments:

Post a Comment