Wednesday 1 July 2015

Sun & Tan




Finally  it's warm and sunny in the Netherlands. I really enjoy it, especially on the beach. The beach is my favorite summer hotspot. Unfortunately I haven't been careful in the past with my skin while sunbathing. Especially when you consider that I have a very light skin and that my doctor already had to remove a suspicious spot. Mistakes of the past, I can not change, but now I'm finally wiser. Here are some of my tips that can ensure your skin is protected from sunburn and aging (or worse).

  • Be careful with your old sunscreen. The SPF decreases in several months. So don't rely on it that the sunscreen you used last year gives you the same protection as it did before.
  • Don't rely too much on the SPF in your make-up. You need to apply the make-up really very thick untill the SPF will protect you against the sun. So use some sunscreen under your make-up. 
  • Apply the sunscreen before you put on your clothes. It's  works easier because you aren't bothered by your clothes. So you can't miss any bit of skin. Thereby, your           sunscreen needs at least 20 minutes untill it can give you the optimum protection.
  • Apply the suncreen also around your eyes, even when you're wearing sunglasses.
  • Use a high SPF (30 and up)
  • Stay in the shade, but try to stay out of the sun between 12.00 h and 15.00 h.
  • Wear a hat. Finally a good reason to wear one.
  • Drink lots of water ... (and every now and then a cocktail).


 Enjoy the summer...



Photo: Pinterest 

No comments:

Post a Comment