Sunday 5 July 2015

In Memoriam

                                                                              Nederlands  Portugês





Ten days ago I told you allready that a dear friend was terminally ill. This morning she's deceased. In recent weeks in which the disease developed incredibly fast, she wasn't a moment out of my mind. I also told you how that's puting your vision of life and aging in an other perspective. But it goes beyond that. It puts everyday things in a different perspective. So this week my bike was stolen. Irritating, naturally. But it is nothing when you have the husband of the sick friend on the phone and hear where he's dealing with. And there have been plenty of situations that actually hardly matter anymore when you're suddenly aware of the real value of health and well-being. Their son aptly said: 'Our alphabet nowadays begins with the letter 'p' of perspective.' I think that is well said.

I'm in the fortunate position that I didn't often had to do with the death before. Yet I wonder whether this awareness occurs with everyone at such moments. That nothing else matters than the health and happiness of you and your loved ones. Whereby any material or other values are suddenly trivial matters. If so, then the world would be much better. Don't you think so?

Okay, I'm sorry. Today I posted a sad topic on this blog. But I think it's wonderul if we can learn a lesson from something senseless like the early death of a wonderful person.



Photo: Marja Hofman







No comments:

Post a Comment